The ECOWAS Commission as the Secretariat for the West Africa Internet Governance Forum (WAIGF) along with the WAIGF Team plan to organise the 12th edition of the West African Internet Governance Forum (WAIGF) from 23 to 24 July 2020 Online.
To proceed the WAIGF is the 3rd virtual West African School on Internet Governance (V-WASIG) to be organised from 20 to 22 July 2020.
The school is structured as a three
day (3) intensive learning program covering
- History of the Internet
- Internet policies and regulations and lessons for West Africa
- The Internet governance debate and multistakeholderism
- Critical Internet resources
- Cybersecurity, Sustainable Development Goals, and emerging issues
- Internet governance and social issues
- A practical exercise on a key Internet Governance issue affecting West Africa
Stakeholders from West Africa are invited to apply. Prospective candidates should be involved as key actors or decision-makers in Internet governance or ICT policy processes. They should also be able to contribute now or soon to IG activities or/and processes
within their institutions, countries, continent and globally.
Candidates should be from all stakeholder groups including:
- Youth and Women groups
- Civil society
- Private Sector
- Government offices and Regulatory agencies
- Security and Defence forces
- Academia and technical community
- Archives, Libraries, and Documentation centers
- West African regional institutions, etc
- Women and youth are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates are kindly requested to complete the online form and submit it by 30th May 2020.
For further information on WAIGF and WASIG, please visit the website - www.waigf.org/wasig